Operate dredge to remove sand, gravel, or other materials in order to excavate and maintain navigable channels in waterways.
5 of 10 displayed
All 10 displayed
- Direct or assist workers placing shore anchors and cables, laying additional pipes from dredges to shore, and pumping water from pontoons.
- Lower anchor poles to verify depths of excavations, using winches, or scan depth gauges to determine depths of excavations.
- Move levers to position dredges for excavation, to engage hydraulic pumps, to raise and lower suction booms, and to control rotation of cutterheads.
- Pump water to clear machinery pipelines.
- Start and stop engines to operate equipment.
- Start power winches that draw in or let out cables to change positions of dredges, or pull in and let out cables manually.
- direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff
- inspect material moving equipment
- operate earth-moving or other heavy construction equipment
- operate material moving, loading, or unloading equipment
- perform safety inspections in construction or resource extraction setting
- use measuring devices in construction or extraction work
No information available.