11-2011.01 - Green Marketers
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.
Green marketers work in the following green economy sectors:
- Research, Design, and Consulting Services — This sector encompasses "indirect jobs" to the green economy which includes activities such as energy consulting or research and other related business services.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Analyze green product marketing or sales trends to forecast future conditions.
- Analyze regional energy markets, including energy pricing, market structures, energy generation competition, and energy transmission constraints.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing tactics or channels.
- Attend or participate in conferences, community events, and promotional events related to green products or technologies.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and buying habits, and identify target audiences for green products, services, or technologies.
- Coordinate with other marketing team members and workers such as graphic artists to develop and implement marketing programs.
- Develop branding or sales initiatives for green products, such as solar energy systems, green cleaning products, or products using renewable or recycled materials.
- Develop communications materials, advertisements, presentations, or public relations initiatives to promote awareness of green products and technologies.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies, using knowledge of green products and technologies, markets, and regulations.
- Devise or evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires.
- Generate or identify sales leads for green products and technologies.
- Identify marketing channels for green products or services.
- Maintain portfolios of marketing campaigns, strategies, and other marketing products or ideas.
- Monitor green-related industry statistics or literature to identify trends.
- Revise existing marketing plans or campaigns for green products, technologies, or services.
- Write marketing content for green product web sites, brochures, or other communication media.