17-3029.05 - Industrial Engineering Technologists
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.
Industrial engineering technologists work in the following green economy sectors:
- Manufacturing — This sector covers activities related to industrial manufacturing of green technology as well as energy efficient manufacturing processes.
- Research, Design, and Consulting Services — This sector encompasses "indirect jobs" to the green economy which includes activities such as energy consulting or research and other related business services.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Analyze material flows or supply chains to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and conserve energy.
- Conduct statistical studies to analyze or compare production costs for sustainable and nonsustainable designs.
- Develop computerized diagnostic tools to integrate measurements in real time and reduce production downtime.
- Integrate high-speed loops and advanced control algorithms with graphical system designs to improve the efficiency of production operations.