17-3029.09 - Manufacturing Production Technicians
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.
Manufacturing production technicians work in the following green economy sectors:
- Manufacturing — This sector covers activities related to industrial manufacturing of green technology as well as energy efficient manufacturing processes.
- Research, Design, and Consulting Services — This sector encompasses "indirect jobs" to the green economy which includes activities such as energy consulting or research and other related business services.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Clean scrap materials for recycling or reuse, such as preparing aluminum scrap for cold-bonding processes or preparing paper for pulping or ink removal processes.
- Collect hazardous or nonhazardous waste or scrap materials in correctly labeled barrels or other containers.
- Conduct environmental safety inspections in accordance with standard protocols to ensure that production activities comply with environmental regulations or standards.
- Separate scrap or waste materials for recycling, reuse, or environmentally sound disposal.
- Transfer hazardous or nonhazardous waste materials to collection areas for disposal, recycling, or reuse.