13-2099.01 - Financial Quantitative Analysts
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.
Financial quantitative analysts work in the following green economy sectors:
- Research, Design, and Consulting Services — This sector encompasses "indirect jobs" to the green economy which includes activities such as energy consulting or research and other related business services.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Analyze pricing or risks of carbon trading products.
- Assess the potential impact of climate change on business financial issues, such as damage repairs, insurance costs, or potential disruptions of daily activities.
- Develop methods of assessing or measuring corporate performance in terms of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
- Develop solutions to help clients hedge carbon exposure or risk.
- Develop tools to assess green technologies or green financial products, such as green hedge funds or social responsibility investment funds.