More information from O*NET OnLine:
Floor Sanders and Finishers - 47-2043.00
Scrape and sand wooden floors to smooth surfaces using floor scraper and floor sanding machine, and apply coats of finish.
- Floor Finisher
- Floor Mechanic
- Floor Refinisher
- Floor Sander
- Floor Sander and Finisher
- Hardwood Floor Finisher and Sander
- Hardwood Floor Refinisher
- Hardwood Floor Sander
5 of 10 displayed
All 10 displayed
- Apply filler compound and coats of finish to floors to seal wood.
- Attach sandpaper to rollers of sanding machines.
- Buff and vacuum floors to ensure their cleanliness prior to the application of finish.
- Guide sanding machines over surfaces of floors until surfaces are smooth.
- Inspect floors for smoothness.
- Remove excess glue from joints, using knives, scrapers, or wood chisels.
- Scrape and sand floor edges and areas inaccessible to floor sanders, using scrapers, disk-type sanders, and sandpaper.
- Apply sealants or other protective coatings.
- Clean building walls or flooring.
- Clean facilities or sites.
- Inspect completed work to ensure proper installation.
- Load materials into construction equipment.
- Remove excess materials from finished construction projects.
- Smooth surfaces with abrasive materials or tools.
- Builder (Navy - Enlisted)
- Carpentry and Masonry Specialist (Army - Enlisted)
No information available.