11-3051.02 - Geothermal Production Managers
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.
Geothermal production managers work in the following green economy sectors:
- Renewable Energy Generation — This sector covers activities related to developing and using energy sources such as solar, wind, geothermal, and biomass. This sector also includes traditional, non-renewable sources of energy undergoing significant green technological changes (e.g., oil, coal, gas, and nuclear).
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Communicate geothermal plant conditions to employees.
- Conduct well field site assessments.
- Develop operating plans and schedules for geothermal operations.
- Develop or manage budgets for geothermal operations.
- Identify and evaluate equipment, procedural, or conditional inefficiencies involving geothermal plant systems.
- Identify opportunities to improve plant electrical equipment, controls, or process control methodologies.
- Inspect geothermal plant or injection well fields to verify proper equipment operations.
- Monitor geothermal operations, using programmable logic controllers.
- Negotiate interconnection agreements with other utilities.
- Obtain permits for constructing, upgrading, or operating geothermal power plants.
- Oversee geothermal plant operations, maintenance, and repairs to ensure compliance with applicable standards or regulations.
- Perform or direct the performance of preventative maintenance on geothermal plant equipment.
- Prepare environmental permit applications or compliance reports.
- Record, review, or maintain daily logs, reports, maintenance, and other records associated with geothermal operations.
- Select and implement corrosion control or mitigation systems for geothermal plants.
- Supervise employees in geothermal power plants or well fields.
- Troubleshoot and make minor repairs to geothermal plant instrumentation or electrical systems.