More information from O*NET OnLine:
Insurance Underwriters - 13-2053.00
Review individual applications for insurance to evaluate degree of risk involved and determine acceptance of applications.
- Account Underwriter
- Automobile and Property Underwriter
- Commercial Lines Underwriter
- Health Underwriter
- Life Underwriter
- Personal Lines Underwriter
- Underwriting Consultant
5 of 10 displayed
All 10 displayed
- Authorize reinsurance of policy when risk is high.
- Decline excessive risks.
- Decrease value of policy when risk is substandard and specify applicable endorsements or apply rating to ensure safe, profitable distribution of risks, using reference materials.
- Evaluate possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
- Examine documents to determine degree of risk from factors such as applicant health, financial standing and value, and condition of property.
- Review company records to determine amount of insurance in force on single risk or group of closely related risks.
- Write to field representatives, medical personnel, or others to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Analyze health-related data.
- Assess financial status of clients.
- Assess risks to business operations.
- Authorize financial actions.
- Explain regulations, policies, or procedures.
- Verify accuracy of records.
- Financial Management Officer (Marine Corps - Commissioned Officer only)
- Statistical Data Analyst (Navy - Commissioned or Warrant Officer)
No information available.